Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Food Glorious Food

I was a horrible girl on Monday! My PCOS diet was the last thing on my mind. I know that really is horrible, isn't it? I went to a Fall festival and ate everything my heart desired. It was wonderful fun, but boy did my tummy hurt on the drive home! The day was warm for Fall. I think it was in the 80s! But we still had a great time - eating, looking at craft booths, eating, enjoying the Fall scenery, eating and being together. We set out to take pictures of everything we ate during the day for a full record later when our tummies hurt, but I was a slacker and didn't get it all photographed. So here is the list: Corn Fritters with Honey Butter, Fried Veggies, Bean Soup, Gingersnaps, Tom's Taters, Pumpkin Ice Cream, Cheese Curds, Roasted Nuts, Pork Rinds, Kettle Corn, Various Dips (sampled at a booth), Cheese Cake on a Stick and Giant Tenderloin. Now mind you, I didn't eat ALL of that by myself. Most of it was a sampling as other people had it or sampling from a booth as we went by. My favorite was the Pumpkin Ice Cream. It was pure bliss! I wish I had just eaten that and only that all day long. We also stopped and listened to a folk singer for a bit while at the festival. He was very good. Wonderful Elvis stuff! We also had a "local" give us back road directions to the next stop and then try to charge us $5 for his services! He was really serious and had his hand out and everything. My lovely sister explained the concept of "Pay it Forward" to him. He just looked at her with a blank expression wondering when he'd get his $5. Hopefully, we don't run into him next year. He might still be looking for his cash.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Yum! Now I'm hungry! Sorry I didn't call you back today. I'll call you tomorrow. Hopefully we will work it out!

mai kou said...

Hi Jenny!
The food looks so good!
I promise to call you soon and tell you all about Charlotte and CDO classes.
Take care,

Karey said...

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I think there are just going to be times like this, and we just have to accept them and let them happen. As for the diet, I still have times where I want to cheat! I pout and cry, completely overwhelmed that not only can I not get pregnant like everyone else, but I can't eat anything either! When that happens, I usually try to have something yummy, but something still on the diet. Like there are these chicken fingers at Uno's that are low-carb and low-fat that make me feel "normal" again! And my motto is cheat with fat, not with carbs/white flour/sugar/etc. There are ways to cheat that won't get in the way of our chances at conceiving.

And I know what it feels like to be overwhelmed by what is ahead. But trust me, it's not as bad as it seems! I put off dieting for years because it just seemed like such an uphill battle. But it was so much easier than I ever thought possible, and I wish I'd done it a long time ago! Have you given it a full two weeks yet? I always tell people that if you don't cheat for two weeks that your taste buds start to change, and it becomes a lot easier.

I do have to say that I think it was by the grace of God that I didn't have too tough of a time with the diet. Now I just hope it works and I conceive, because then maybe everyone can use my story as their own motivation!

Sorry this is so long! I really do hope you feel better. You are in my prayers, and let me know whenever you need advice or motivation!