I love play-dates! I think by being a full time working mom, I truly savor any play-dates that I actually get to do. I've been extremely lucky the past two weeks and had two of them! The first was lunch at the park with two other moms and their children. It was a beautiful sunny day and Jack had a blast. Well, except for some random little 2 year old hitting upside the head over a steering wheel thing. It kind of took me by surprise a bit. Jack just stood there and cried. I ran over and comforted him but the other mom didn't do anything about her little bully. My husband says I baby Jack way too much. Maybe there is a slight bit of truth there, but what do you do in those kind of situations??? Well then there was the speeding ticket I got on the way home too. But even with those things, it was still an awesome wonderful day.
My second play-date was last night after work with a mom from Jack's daycare. We were both tried from work and Chick-Fil-A was way too busy, but it was great fun too! Chick-Fil-A was so busy that we didn't even stay to play after dinner. We went over to Barnes & Noble and let the kids play at the train table in the children's area. They were so cute together. They played and ran around and read stories. They both ended up getting books too. Jack was so into reading his book on the way to the check out that he ran straight into a display rack and fell over. My little reader!
I feel like a better mom when I get to do these kinds of things with him and also to get to interact with other moms and here there stories. It fulfills something in me and helps me to not yearn quite so much to be a stay at home mom. I guess it is the little simple things in life that are the best! When I stress over all of it, I just try to remember how blessed I am and I am exactly where God wants me to be right now.
1 comment:
We had a great time on the playdate too!! Let's do it more often :)
Post a Comment