Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blessed Beyond Words


The last few weeks I have been really wishing & hoping about being a stay at home mom. And wishing and hoping for a brother or sister for Jack. Well, over the weekend I had a revelation. It kind of came by and smacked me right in the face while enjoying a beautiful Sunday afternoon at the park with my little family.
By doing all of my whining, wishing & hoping, I was forgetting how truly blessed I am. I was missing the wonderful moments of now – I was wasting them and not making the most of them. Yes, I would love to have more time to spend with Jack and to have a second child, but in the meantime I need to make all of the time that I do have quality time and enjoy all that God has blessed us with to the fullest! Plus, I can remember during those first five years of marriage as we suffered with PCOS and miscarriages, I prayed and I pleaded with God that if he would just bless us with one child I would be happy, and if one was all we ever got that I could live with that. I seem to have forgotten that conversation/prayer that I had with him. I know in my heart that if it is in God’s plan for us to have more children than we will. As for right now in this moment in time, I am blessed far more than I could ever imagine. God knows my life, my hopes, my dreams… I need to just let go and be the best mom I can be right now to the joy of my life – My Jack A Roo! And the best wife I can be, by being a prayerful supportive wife to my husband

I pray that God helps me to be more peaceful in my own skin, to enjoy each moment as it comes and to be the best mom and wife that I can be and let Him take care of the rest. Amen!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I know the feeling Fuzz :) I had to realize a few months ago that this is the ONLY time in my life where I'll only have one 15 month old, and I decided to enjoy every minute of it :)

by the way I think you are a GREAT mom!