Monday, February 9, 2009

Tea Party

Our family has a special tradition of a February tea party with the woman in our family. We all meet at a special tea room downtown for either lunch or high tea. It’s a party that was started by my mom to bring all of us together to share special memories. Each year she writes a special story to share with all of us. She gives us the story along with a special Valentine’s present. This year she wrote about her wedding day. It was a wonderful story. Maybe if she gives me permission, I might publish it here for you all to read. It made me teary-eyed, but then I cry over everything. My sisters say you can always count on me for a good cry when watching a sappy movie. Mom also gave us a beautiful red Valentine’s pin for our coats. It was a great party! We did high tea this year too, which was cute little sandwiches and cookies and such. I even had tea like a proper lady. And yes, it was decaf. The photo is of my mom, my niece and my mom’s first great grand baby! I have to say, my mom was just beaming with joy. She so enjoyed the day and being with all the women of her family! I think there is nothing better than knowing your history and the women you come from. I know I’m a better woman because of all of them and the strength and love that they give me. Hopefully someday I’ll have a daughter too, and be able to pass down all these wonderful traditions and memories to her.

1 comment:

Cheffie-Mom said...

Family memories are so special. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I look forward to reading the wedding story.