I've missed my blog. I took a bit of a break, not really planned, it just happened. Life got in the way, but in so many good ways. Summer was really busy, and now we're all back to a somewhat routine. I love routine. My hubby is back to work and the kids are back to daycare. I will never regret our decision for him to stay home with baby girl this past year, but man did it presents all it's own challenges! Me working my normal day job and him on nights. We hardly saw each other, but the important thing was our kids were happy and well cared for. I love that he works for a school system too. It allows the kids times to be home during his breaks. It helps me to feel better about them being in daycare. Plus we've been blessed with an awesome Christian daycare/preschool. I know my kids are in good hands each and every day. I still wish I could be home with them more, but for some reason God wants me right where I am. I'm really trying to make a better effort to bloom where I've been planted and trust. However, I know God feels the yearning in my heart to be able to do more SAHM things and I feel really blessed of late that He is opening more doors for me to be able to fulfill those desires. I am blessed to work at a place where the owners know how important family is and are flexible when I need them to be. I am blessed to be able to pop in the kids daycare during the day and participate in special functions. There are so many awesome blessings in our life - so many.
Moreover, this Fall I am finally getting to do something I've wanted to do for years! I've joined the MOMs group at my parish! I never thought that would be something that would happen for me. Their meetings aren't really condusive to a working mom's schedule. I was always put off by that. What about working moms?! I always felt looked down upon - like I wasn't being a good mom by working. I felt judged. I never thought that possibly if I asked, my boss would be willing to work with me on making it possible for me to do a few meetings a month, or that the MOMs group would allow someone to join that couldn't be there all the time. I have to say both sides really surprised me and worked to help me achieve my heart's desire! Blessings all around! I can't wait to write about my experiences as the year goes by - from my unique prospective as a Catholic working mom.
The biggest lesson I've learned over this past year, is to let go more and to make each and every moment count. Life is too short for regret, worries or disappointments. Make the most of the life you have been given and count your blessing each and every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck with that group. I got kicked out after 2 meetings! lol ;)
That's just because you're difficult. ;-)
Post a Comment