
Yesterday was baby girl's baptism. It was beautiful. It was actually done as part of the mass and I loved it. Little man's was private and after mass. It was special too, but there was just something about sharing it with everyone at mass last night. Plus we had tons of family and friends there and that made it all the more special. I love the way the oil smells. Father blessed her head last and I can hardly bear to wash it today. I think it has a hint of a cinnamon smell. She did so well. No crying at all. I think it is just such a wonderful feeling when your child is baptized and receives that special grace. Her Godparents gave her the special white baptismal gown as their present. It is so beautiful and delicate. I think I might get a photo done professionally of her in it. I was going to get some done next week anyway, so why not. She also had my baptismal blanket with her. Little man also used it at his baptism four years ago this October. He is getting so big! I can hardly take it... Then we had a great party afterwards. It was simple and everyone had so much fun. I even made baby girl's cake myself with the help of my awesome sister-in-law! First time I ever made a cake like that for a special occasion. I've always been the one to go out and buy it already made. I can't tell you how proud I was to have it turn out so well and delicious. I think I will never buy a store cake again for a special day. Father gave us some great ideas for keeping a child's baptism day special always... I think they are worth sharing. First have the Godparents always send a card on the baptism anniversay to help the child feel special. Then celebrate the day in a simple way each year. Such as, have a special plate (such as one that say's CELEBRATE-I've seen it in the Pam.pered C.hef catalog) and let the child pick what's for dinner that night, since it's the anniversay of their special day. I think both are wonderful ideas and traditions to start. Simple, fun little things to keep their faith special and close to their hearts always.
2 comments:
Thanks Ramo for all the help for her party! You're an awesome friend! I really enjoyed making the cake together. You truly did so much to make her day special. And thank-you for letting us have the party at your house! Much appreciated.
P.S. I held myself back and didn't post your secret cake baking and icing tips. It was so hard. :-)
Hey I loved her baptism! Thanks for inviting us!
John Paul even smelled a little like chrism last night - I think it's because you held him and it rubbed off!
Post a Comment