I'm thinking of starting a second blog... Somewhere to write about my struggle to change my life for the better. My eldest sister said something to me recently. She encouraged me to take care to constantly keep to my weeding in my life. Just like a garden, if you neglect the weeding, the ugly weeds over take everything. You have to keep to the constant weeding. And I'm pretty sure I've let mine go for a long long time. Not only are there weeds and weeds, my garden has no clear boundaries either. It's a horrible mess. It's beginning to get a bit better and show progress, but it could easily go back to needing to be plowed over if I'm not careful. It's taken me to my thirties to realize that my family is majorly dysfunctional. And we all have taken bits and pieces of this dysfunction into our own little families and marriages. I don't want this for my family. I want my home to be a domestic church. I want happiness. I want to live a good life. I want to break the circle of the ugliness. I want peace. I want joy. I want better for my children. And it all starts with me changing myself, weeding, praying and learning how to be the wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and person that I was supposed to be all along. Lucky for me that God is ever so patient.
I actually love to write. I was a creative writing major in college and it's something I just don't do anymore. I miss it. I think this is a chance to as they say "kill two birds with one stone." However, I do hate that saying. So violent. So I plan to write and write and hopefully it helps me to work through all of this and some how make sense of it on the other side. If only I could come up with a title for this second blog...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't wait to read it!
I look forward to reading your true feelings about so many topics. I'm certain I'll learn a lot as well so that I can do some weeding of my own.
Peace, my friend. And thank you for you enduring support. :)
I look forward to reading your second blog. Blessings and hugs!
Post a Comment