Thursday, January 15, 2009

Faith Update

I was reading my “about me” profile today and I think it might just be time for an update. I’m not exactly that person anymore. Back in December my little family had a somewhat faith struggle/crisis that brought us all to our knees. It truly made me realize that we had been putting on a good show on many fronts for some time. We hadn’t been walking the walk at all. We hadn’t even been doing the right things to allow God to bless our marriage richly and abundantly with his Grace. Our lives and our home had become toxic and the most awful part is realizing that we had contributed and stood by letting it happen. I guess it is always nicer when you have someone else to blame, but we had only ourselves. I have to say that New Year’s this year was awful. Christmas wasn’t exactly the same for me this year either. It was like I was only going through the motions. I didn’t even make any resolutions this year. However somehow through that crisis we had to endure and are still working through, we have found our way back to our faith community and to a wonderful parish that feels so much like home. Our pastor is wonderful and delightful to talk with. We’ve made our way back to confession and to Sunday Mass. We are starting to tithe and to make a budget to give our full tithe as we should. We are praying as a family and reading the Bible as a family. And it is amazing how eager Jack is to pick it all up. He loves the prayers and making the sign of the cross and singing at Church. I truly see God at work in our lives. It is amazing how quickly He works when you just finally open the door to Him and allow His help and guidance in your life. I think I am a bit of a control freak – I’ll admit it. I think I’ve tried to control too much in my life and it finally all fell to pieces in front of me. So for 2009, no Resolutions for me, I’m just choosing a different path for the year and praying to grow with Him and learn to let go and let God. I’ve even got a few new books about the vocation of motherhood and creating a domestic church within your home (wonderful Christmas presents from my mother-in-law) to help me on my journey. Food for thought I like to think. A new routine of morning prayer. Maybe start a journal. And rekindling a old relationship with my rosary. Hopefully I can really keep all of that up. I am truly baffled with how we were blessed with a 2nd little miracle on the way. Our life was a mess, but yet somehow God saw fit to send another little soul to us. I think if this baby is a girl maybe her middle name should be Grace.

P.S. The baby got its first little blessing last week from our parish priest. Already on the right track and not even born yet.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Good post Fuzz :) SO glad you guys are going back to church!

mai kou said...

I love that post!!!

Karey said...

First of all, congratulations! I didn't read about your news until just now!

Secondly, I am SO glad you are going to church and feel inspired to deepen your faith life. That is so exciting! You are in my prayers!

Mommy (You can call me OM) said...

This post is inspiring. We all can make subtle changes to improve our lives. Thank you for the reminder. ")